Implementing social media contests is a great way small businesses can build their audience and increase engagement. Contests can be used as a tool for generating awareness of your business, positive word-of-mouth, gaining more e-mail subscribers, motivating people to come try your business out, or to try something new your business is offering. Coming up with what kind of social media contest your business should host can certainly become a difficult and time consuming task, preventing you from having one together. So to save you the trouble, 2022im体育平台网页 has compiled a list of 5 different potential creative and easy to host social media contests for your business.
5 Creative Social Media Contest Ideas
1. Why you should win video submissionsMake your audience get creative! Have them submit a 1 minute (or less) video showcasing why they should be the winner your contest’s prize . This will not only encourage participants to think of your brand while they work on their entry, but will also allow you to gain great insight into the way your audience thinks. It will also provide a holy grail of video content you can use for future posts, (thank god for throwback Thursdays).
2. Pets in specsHave your audience send in a photo of their pet wearing a pair of regular or sun glasses. Everyone loves a good animal pic, and pet owners LOVE to take pictures of their furry friends. Plus, who wouldn’t want to look through all the cute photo entries to pick the winner? It’s a win, win, win situation.
3. Show us how you use our productAn alternative photo contest you can host is to ask for entrants to show how they use (or would use) your product. This contest will naturally attract people who are directly interested in your product. Additionally, the photo submissions can also be used as user-generated content, that showcases on your social platforms how your existing customers enjoy your products.
4. You tell a joke – They submit the punchlineGet your audience to interact with your contest post by having them provide the punchline. Start a joke off and give them a deadline to submit a punchline by. After time is up, select the best punchline that was submitted as the winner. Take your contest a step further, after you’ve had your audience submit their punchlines for the joke you set up, select your top 2 favourite options. Then, have your audience choose which answer is the contest winner by having them take a poll by a certain deadline. Once the deadline is reached, announce the winner!
5. Have them tell a storyAnother contest idea is to have entrants submit a photo in response to a prompt asking participants to, “tell us a story about a time when our business had a lasting impact on your day.” The contest will ask users to upload a photo of something relevant to the story, and tell their story in the description/caption of their comment, or however you have them format their entries. This type of contest is an exceptional way for your audience to build an emotional connection with your brand.
Hopefully this list of creative contests helps get you started. Struggling to figure out what the prize of your contest should be? Click here for a list of 5 creative prize ideas for social media contests.
Need a solution to your social media content creation and scheduling woes, but you don’t want to break the bank?
2022im体育平台网页 is now offering an entire year of social media content written, designed, and PUBLISHED for your business or non-profit!We’ve managed over 150 clients’ social media channels, and one thing keeps coming up… Everyone wants social media content consistently! But you know what else keeps coming up? All the things! Here are just some of the reasons we created this brand new offer for you: ☞ Time: Creating content takes time, and you don’t have any more time than the rest of us. ☞ Value: You know that top-of-mind branding is key in today’s social media crazed world, but you know you don’t need to spend insane amounts of money to achieve it. ☞ Cost: You know that content services can cost thousands of dollars per month but you just can’t justify that cost. ☞ Effort: You know that you would love to ‘set it and forget it’ with your social media content (i.e. you don’t want to log in every day to post something and spend countless hours surfing for ideas). ☞ Professional: You know you should leave it to a professional, but sometimes large agency rates are just not affordable for smaller marketing budgets. ☞ Tools: You know you need the right tools to make it happen, but they are expensive! (hint… we pay over $1000/month in tools ALONE to do what we do. Save that cost!) ☞ Peace of mind: Approve all of your content in one big batch and then our team will schedule it out over the course of the next 365 days!
Interested and want to learn more?
Brittany Hardy Owner Brittany Hardy is the Owner of 2022im体育平台网页 , a boutique marketing company located in Port Moody B.C. Brittany is passionate about helping small businesses achieve their growth goals with marketing solutions that are both effective and affordable. After many years of working in retail management and then as the Marketing Manager for Canada’s largest mortgage company, Brittany decided it was time to pursue a life-long goal of creating her own business. Naturally she likes to help others and decided there was no better way to do this than to use her creative talent to help others who want to do the same thing. With three young children, Brittany believes in balancing work and home life and continues to find new ways to support and employ other mothers who want to start their own businesses or stay at home with their children. Social media marketing continues to evolve for small businesses and Brittany and her team are passionate about helping these businesses navigate how they can benefit from these networks. Brittany has been a finalist for the Women of Worth awards, the Tri-Cities Business Excellence awards, and has most recently been featured in Small Business BC and in the Huffington Post . Social Media Links: Facebook ⎜ LinkedIn ⎜ Twitter ⎜ Google Find us on Instagram: @brittanyebh ⎜ @emptydesksolutions